Overview of search
Custom Entity Extraction
Web service Call –out
Extensible Search Platform
- Enterprise Search
- People Search
- Site Search
- Video/Media Search
- Topics Pages and Content by Search are new WCM Feature that allow create search driven sites. So when we are creating internet sites that are driven by products, then this allows us to create these pages easily and have them dynamically populated based on products that somebody is interested
- My Tasks – In previous version we had to create custom component to fetch tasks for user from various sites. My Tasks pulls all the tasks in different sites together which can also be a part of social networking feature in user’s my site.
- Customer and partners represent search that we can extend to build out own custom applications.
- Content Sources: Search architecture needs to connect to different content source and get access to the content. Search engine needs to take individual pieces of content from the content source and crawl through to create an index. Connecting to various content sources is done through .Net assembly connectors and working though the content (document) is called a parser.
- Parser is new piece added to 2013 which is similar to iFilter which was used in SharePoint 2010 to index content in the repository.
- Content Pipeline and CTS Run-time really just represent the functionality of bringing in content through the crawl. CTS Run-time has no extensibility functionality and works internally out of the box. There is no API provided to us to talk to Content pipeline except there is one entry point called web service callout which we will discuss later.
- Indexing Engine is just a box that represents actual Indexing of content that builds up the index that we will search
- Analyzer is used to process user behavior, perform click analysis and supports things like recommendations based on behavior. So search results are presented to anybody based on their behaviors.
- Query engine itself is responsible to execute queries against the index.
- Query Pipeline and IMS Run-time are representation of code and functionality necessary to execute that query and move it from user interface
- At Query pipeline level search provides RESTful interface, its REST API gives us way to execute query against index.
- Client framework representation CSOM, so we can use CSOM to execute queries as well.
Create Search Vertical called ‘Production’ by creating new page from “Search Results” page layout. Publish this page and add new search navigation link under Site Settings -> Search Settings
Note: Result source in SharePoint 2013 is similar to Scopes we had in SharePoint 2010.